This site is owned and operated by Punny LLC. Your privacy on the internet is of the utmost importance to us. At Punny LLC, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
Information Punny LLC Gathers and Tracks
Punny LLC gathers two types of information about users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions such as comments, e-mails to the author, and poll responses.
- Information Punny LLC gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers’ needs and to help our advertisers and sponsors better understand the demographics of our audience. Because Punny LLC derives its revenue mainly from sponsorships and advertising, providing such aggregated demographic data is essential to keeping our service free to users. Under no circumstances does Punny LLC divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
How Punny LLC Gathers User Information
1. Comments. Users are able to leave comments on articles. Providing an e-mail address is a required part of leaving a comment, but this e-mail address will not be publicly displayed or used to contact the commenter except with regards to the comment itself in rare circumstances.
2. Polling and Surveys. We may offer interactive polls to users so they can easily share their opinions with other users and see what our audience thinks about important issues. Opinions or other responses to polls are aggregated and are not identifiable to any particular user. Punny LLC may use a system to “tag” users after they have voted, so they can vote only once on a particular question. This tag is not correlated with information about individual users. Punny LLC may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We sometimes share the aggregated demographic information in these surveys with our sponsors, advertisers and partners. We never share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party.
3. E-mails. E-mails sent to Punny LLC become the property of Punny LLC and may be published publicly minus any personally identifying information.
4. Usage Tracking. Punny LLC tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. Punny LLC does break down overall usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser).
Punny LLC sometimes tracks and catalogs the search terms that users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
Advertisements on Punny Money may contain their own cookies. Punny LLC is not responsible for these cookies, nor can it see their content.
Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
Advertisers who order advertising on Punny Money are subject to additional privacy policies outlined in our advertising terms and conditions.
Use of Information
Punny LLC uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience in our network of sites, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and to enable users to participate in polls, surveys, message boards, and forums. Punny LLC never shares user e-mail addresses with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners.
When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in Search function as one of many measures of what interests our users. But we don’t track which terms a particular user enters.
Punny LLC creates aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for advertisers, sponsors and partners. This allows our advertisers to advertise more effectively, and allows our users to receive advertisements that are pertinent to their needs. Because we don’t track the usage patterns of individual users, an advertiser or sponsor will never know that a specific user clicked their ad. We will not disclose any information about any individual user except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Sharing of Information
Punny LLC uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs and help our advertisers better understand our audience’s demographics. This is essential to keeping our service free. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Punny LLC operates on secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Users may opt not to participate in certain interactive areas which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users.
Punny LLC is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of the external websites to which it links.
Compliance With Local, State, and Federal Laws
Punny LLC may disclose personally identifying information to courts or administrative agencies in response to a court or administrative order. We may also disclose your information in response to a subpoena, discovery request, or other lawful process, as required by law.
March 12, 2007